Interests: Relativity, Unification, Cosmology Age: 76
Dr. Tuomo Suntola received his Ph.D. degree from Helsinki University of Technology in 1971. As an industrial scientist and university lecturer, Dr. Suntola is the author of scientific papers and books on materials sciences, semiconductor technology and renewable energy. He is the inventor of novel micro devices and material processes, and received the 2004 European Semi Award for the Atomic Layer Deposition process, which is used in nanotechnology and in advanced integrated circuit manufacturing. With a clear sight towards a holistic view of the observable physical reality and the nature of relativity, Dr. Suntola has been working intensively on the Dynamic Universe theory since 1995, with early roots in the late 1960s.
- Helsinki University of Technology, Electrical Engineering Department, M.Sc. (1967), Ph.D. (1971).
- Scientist at State Research Centre, VTT, (1968-1973).
- Development of Humicap and humidity sensor for Vaisala Oy.
- Chief Scientist Instrumentarium Oy / Director of Display Division, Lohja Corparation (1974-1987).
- Development of Atomic Layer Epitaxy, ALE (Atomic Layer Deposition, ALD) for manufacturing of electroluminescent thin film dispays. Since 1989 ALE-EL electroluminescent displays have been produced by Planar Systems Inc., Espoo, Finland
- Managing director of Microchemistry Ltd, subsidiary of Neste/Fortum Corporation (1987-1997).
- Development of solar cell technologies
- Extension of the use of Atomic Layer Deposition to the manufacturing of heterogeneous catalysts
- Development of the ALD technology and equipment for semiconductor applications
- R&D Fellow, Fortum Corporation (1997-2004), retired 2004
- Docent at Physics Department of Tampere University of Technology since 1975. Lectures on semiconductor physics (1972-78)
- Member of the Finnish Academy of Technology, TTA since 1983, Board Member 1988-93.
- Member in the World Energy Council (WEC) working group "Energy Technologies for the 21st century" 2003-2004
- Member of the Finnish Society of Electronics Engineers (EIS)
- Scientific Adviser, Board Member, Picosun Oy
- Member of the Finnish Society for Natural Philosophy, Board Member since 2007
- Member of NPA since 2008
- Chairman of the Physics Foundations Society
Honors and awards
- Award for Invention of Humidity Sensor, granted by the Foundation of Finnish Inventions, 1978.
- Award for Electroluminescent Display Technology, granted by the Association of Finnish Electric and Electronics Industries, SETELI, 1980.
- Outstanding Paper Award for Atomic Layer Epitaxy for Producing EL Thin Films, granted by the Society for Information Displays (SID), USA, 1980.
- Honorary Award for The Development of Manufacturing Technology for Electroluminescent Display Devices, granted by the Foundation of Technology in Finland, 1981.
- The Finnish Engineering Achievement Award 1985 for Electroluminescent Display Technology, granted by the Engineering Society in Finland, 1985.
- Order of the Lion of Finland - Knight 1st Class, 2001.
- European SEMI Award 2004, for the development of the ALD technology to semiconductor applications, Semicon Europe 2004, Munich. http://www.picosun.com/history/