(Died: January 3, 1995)
Medical Doctor, Research Scientist, Inventor
Interests: Paranormal, New Energy Age: 76
Andrija Puharich, MD, also known as Henry K. Puharich, (February 19, 1918 - January 3, 1995), was a medical and parapsychological researcher, medical inventor and author, who is perhaps best known as the person who brought Uri Geller and Peter Hurkos to the United States for scientific investigation.
In 1947, Puharich graduated from the Northwestern University School of Medicine. His residency was completed at Permanente Hospital in California, where he specialized in Internal Medicine. Of the many books Puharich wrote, he also wrote a supportive biography Uri Geller. Before that he investigated favorably the Brazilian psychic surgeon Jos? Arig?. He met the Dutch psychic Peter Hurkos and brought him to the United States to participate in scientific experiments in parapsychology. He encouraged a rational assessment of people with paranormal faculties and applied scientific methods to investigations of what were their startling and often unpredictable and elusive skills or abilities.
Two of the most famous of Puharich's over 50 patents were devices that assist hearing - the "Means For Aiding Hearing"and "Method And Apparatus For Improving Neural Performance In Human Subjects By Electrotherapy" ". He was also granted a in 1983 for a "Method and Apparatus for Splitting Water Molecules." His research included studying the influence of extremely low frequency ELF electromagnetic wave emissions on the mind, and he invented several devices allegedly blocking or converting ELF waves to prevent harm.
- Effects of Tesla's Life and Electrical Inventions
- The Sacred Mushroom early work of psycho-ethno-botany, connected religion to psychoactive fungi
- Beyond Telepathy
- Uri: A Journal of the Mystery of Uri Geller. Anchor Press / Doubleday (1974)
- The Iceland Papers, Editor
- Magnetic Model of Matter.
- ELF Magnetic Model Of Matter And Mind
- Origin Of Life
- Art Of Healing
- Tesla's Magnifying Transmitter
- - "Method and Apparatus for Splitting Water Molcules" (1983).
- Google Patent Search For Puharich
- Andrija Puharich: Water Decomposition by AC Electrolysis by Jerry Decker
- Andrija Puharich Lecture patent and paper on water fuel, google discussion with many links
- Water Fueled Car: Andrija Puharich, google knol site
- Official website about Dr. Andrija (Henry) K. Puharich M.D., LL.D.
- Method and Apparatus for Splitting Water Molecules, Patent 4,394,230