Translation into English from the German Original of the Open Letter of 19.07.2012 from the G.O. Mueller Research Group Addressed to German-Language Newspapers and Magazines: 4. Offener Brief ?ber Wissenschaftsfreiheit f?r die Kritiker der Relativit?ts-theorien an deutschsprachige Zeitungen und Zeitschriften
Ladies and Gentlemen,
With the enclosed CDROM we wish to inform you about the following facts which are unknown to the general public and therefore will constitute real news for the media:
- There is no freedom of research and teaching in theoretical physics, against all appearances and against all established laws and against public conviction to the contrary.
- Since 1908 and until this day there exists an uninterrupted tradition of criticism of the special theory of relativity. This criticism has been successfully suppressed and excluded from scientific discourse since about 1922, more or less in all countries.
- The suppressed criticism of some 80 years has never been discussed in science and therefore has never been refuted. As a logical consequence, the Special Theory of Relativity remains an unconfirmed hypothesis and has never reached the proclaimed status of the `best confirmed" theory of physics. The many suggested "experimental confirmations" are refuted by the critics as wishful thinking if not accused to be a deception of the public.
- We have started a Research Project of international scope based somewhere in Germany which documents all publications critical of the special theory of relativity (including some criticism of general relativity) in all languages and from all countries having been published until 2003 and up to the present (still in the making as an open-ended project). The Research Project is published under the author's pseudonym and the title:
- G. O. Mueller, 95 Jahre Kritik der Speziellen Relativit?tstheorie (1908-2003) [95 Years of Criticism of the Special Theory of Relativity (1908-2003)]
- 95 Years of Criticism of the Special Theory of Relativity (1908-2003)