Dr. Waldyr Alves Rodrigues About
World Science Database Profile
Professor of Mathematical Physics
Interests: Quantum Theory, Gravitation, Unification Age: 72
- B.Sc. Physics, University of S?o Paulo (USP), S?o Paulo, SP, Brazil, 1968.
- Ph.D. Physics, University of Torino, Italia, 1971.
- Full Professor of Mathematical Physics, State University of Campinas (UNICAMP), Campinas, SP, Brazil, 1986.
- Invited Professor at the Institute of Mathematics, Statistics and Scientific Computation (IMECC)-UNICAMP. Retired since 11/17/1998
Selected Past Positions
- Director of the Institute of Mathematics, Statistics and Scientific Computation, State University of Campinas (IMECC-UNICAMP), 1994-1998.
- Vice President of the Foundation for the Development of UNICAMP (FUNCAMP), 1998-2000.
- Dean of Graduate Studies in Applied Mathematics, IMECC-UNICAMP, 1998-1999.
- Full Professor of Mathematical Physics, IMECC-UNICAMP, 1986.
- Visiting Scientist at MIT (USA), 1976-1978.
- Visiting Scientist at CERN-Geneve, 1979.
- Visiting Professor, University of Trento, Italy, 1987/1988.
- Visiting Professor, University of Perugia, Italy, 1999.
- Visiting Professor, Department of Mathematical Sciences, Univ. Liverpool, UK, 08/2001-02/2002.