Interests: Relativity, Gps Age: 80
Ronald Ray Hatch, born in Freedom, Oklahoma, now of Wilmington, California, received his Bachelor of Science degree in physics and math in 1962 from Seattle Pacific University. He worked at Johns Hopkins Applied Physics Lab, Boeing and Magnavox as Principle Scientist, before becoming a Global Positioning System (GPS) consultant. In 1994 he joined Jim Litton, K. T. Woo, and Jalal Alisobhani in starting what is now NavCom Technology, Inc. He has served a number of roles within the Institute of Navigation (ION), including Chair of the Satellite Division, President and Fellow. Hatch received the Johannes Kepler Award from the Satellite Division and the Colonel Thomas Thurlow Award from the ION. He has been awarded twelve patents either as inventor or co-inventor, most of which relate to GPS, about which he is one of the world's premier specialists. He is well known for his work in navigation and surveying via satellite.
In a pair of articles, Hatch shows how GPS data provides evidence against, not for, both special and general relativity: "Relativity and GPS," parts I and II, Galilean Electrodynamics, V6, N3 (1995), pp. 51-57; and V6, N4 (1995), pp. 73-78. In his 1992 book, Escape From Einstein, Hatch presents data contradicting the special theory of relativity, and promotes a Lorentzian alternative described as an ether gauge theory.
Alternate address: 1142 Lakme Avenue, Wilmington, CA 90744.
- "Civilian GPS: The Benefits of Three Frequencies," GPS Solutions, V3, N4, pp. 1-9 (Apr 2000) (with Jaewoo Jung, Per Enge and Boris Pervan).
- Melody Ward Leslie, "Searching for a Better Way," Inside GNSS, pp. 18-21 (Jan/Feb 2008).
- 1996-Present: NavCom Technology, Inc/ purchased by Deere in 1999. Senior Research Engineer)
- 1993-1995: GPS Consultant
- 1970-1993: Magnavox Marine Systems Division
- 1965-1970: Boeing Advanced Systems Group
- 1962-1965: Johns Hopkins Applied Physics Laboratory
- 1961-1962: U.S. Dept. of Commerce?U.S. Science Exhibit, Seattle World's Fair
- 1956-1961: Boeing (Electronic Technician)
- 1957-1962: B.S. Math and Physics, Seattle Pacific College
Awards and professional offices:
- 2001-2002: President of the Institute of Navigation
- 2000: Thomas Thurlow Award from the Institute of Navigation for ?Outstanding contribution to the science of navigation?
- 2000: Fellow of the Institute of Navigation
- 1998-2000: Chair of the Satellite Division of the Institute of Navigation
- 1995: Who's Who in the World
- 1994: Johann Kepler Award from the Satellite Division of the Institute of Navigation for ?Sustained and significant contributions to satellite navigation.?
Patents: (Inventor or Co-inventor of 26)
- 7679555 - Mar 16 2010 - Navigation receiver and method for combined use of a standard RTK system and global carrier-phase differential positioning system
- 7633437 - Dec 15 2009 - Method for using three GPS frequencies to resolve whole-cycle carrier-phase ambiguitie
- 7511661 - Mar 31 2009 - Method for combined use of a local positioning system, a local RTK system, and a regional, wide-area or global carrier-phase positioning system
- 7427950 - Sep 23 2008 - Method for increasing the reliability of position information when transitioning from a regional, wide-area, or global carrier-phase differential navigation (WADGPS) to a local real-time kinematic navigation system
- 7248211 - Jul 24 2007 - Moving reference receiver for RTK navigation
- 7212155 - May 01 2007 - GPS navigation using successive differences of carrier-phase measurements
- 7119741 - Oct 10 2006 - Method for combined use of a local RTK system and a regional, wide-area, or global carrier-phase positioning system
- 7117417 - Oct 03 2006 - Method for generating clock corrections for a wide-area or global differential GPS system
- 7071870 - Jul 04 2006 - Method for combined use of local positioning system and a global positioning system
- 6934632 - Aug 23 2005 - Method for using three GPS frequencies to resolve carrier-phase integer ambiguities
- 6864836 - Mar 08 2005 - Method for receiver autonomous integrity monitoring and fault detection and elimination
- 6753810 - Jun 22 2004 - Fast ambiguity resolution for real time kinematic survey and navigation
- 6603803 - Aug 05 2003 - Global positioning system receiver for monitoring the satellite transmissions and for reducing the effects of multipath error on coded signals and carrier phase measurements
- 6347113 - Feb 12 2002 - Global positioning system receiver for monitoring the satellite transmissions and for reducing the effects of multipath error
- 6163567 - Dec 19 2000 - Method and apparatus for code synchronization in a global positioning system receiver
- 6023489 - Feb 08 2000 - Method and apparatus for code synchronization in a global positioning system receiver
- 6014610 - Jan 11 2000 - Navigation System and Method
- 5926113 - Jul 20 1999 - Automatic determination of traffic signal preemption using differential GPS
- 5764184 - Jun 09 1998 - Method and system for post-processing differential global positioning system satellite positional data
- 5471217 - Nov 28 1995 - Method and apparatus for smoothing code measurements in a global positioning system receiver
- 5177489 - Jan 05 1993 - Pseudolite-aided method for precision kinematic positioning
- 5072227 - Dec 10 1991 - Method and apparatus for precision attitude determination
- 4963889 - Oct 16 1990 - Method and apparatus for precision attitude determination and kinematic positioning
- 4812991 - Mar 14 1989 - Method for precision dynamic differential positioning
- 4797841 - Jan 10 1989 - Method and apparatus for automatic calibration of magnetic compass
- 4611293 - Sep 09 1986 - Method and apparatus for automatic calibration of magnetic compass