Date: 2012-07-26 Time: 19:30 - 22:00 US/Mountain (5 years 2 months ago)
Where: Albuquerque, NM, United States Venue:
Genuine mad scientist and Tesla genius, Bill Beaty, begins where Uncle Festor left off, taking you on a tour of his laboratory. Beaty has been experimenting with Tesla technology for decades, and brings just a few of his many "Science Hobbyist" toys with him to Albuquerque.
- Tesla's DEATH RAY: yes really, but the feeble 1KV version, not fractional-terravolts
- Tesla's wireless garden of Edison incandescent bulbs
- Tesla's basic magic: transformerless HV
- Inverse Tesla Coil: how did Wardenclyffe tower transmit at 8Hz?
- The other wireless power: remote milliwatt motor run by DC ion beam
- Educational devices: making electricity visible
- Human IR vision $10 goggles
- Possible Tesla tech implementations by ancient societies